Welcome to Arlene Guest's Home Page
I am a Senior Lecturer in the Department
I teach GIS, Oceanography and computer programming (MATLAB).
Most of the courses I teach are offered via the web as distance learning
- OC2930 Oceanography for Undersea Warfare (web course)
- This course is part of the four-course ASW Certificate program.
The course is an introduction to geological, physical and biological
- OC2902: Introduction to Geographical Information Systems (web course)
- This is a hands-on course in the principles and application of GIS. It
culminates in a GIS project of the student's choice.
- OC2020: Computer programming in the MATLAB environment. Introduction to
MATLAB and problem-solving. This course may be taken in residence or via the
Online FORTRAN course
This course is a web-based distributed learning course. If you are interested in taking it for
credit, please contact me @ email@example.com
Past Research Projects
- I serve as the representative from GSEAS (the Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences)
to the NPS Distributed Learning (DL) Council.
- I serve as the Chair of the NPS World Wide Web Committee.
- I'm also the Webmaster for the
Department of Oceanography.
Last update: 13 July 2006
Privacy and Security Notice
"Material contained herein is made available for the purpose of peer review and discussion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of the Navy
or the Department of Defense."